Friday, January 1, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Happy 2010 to everyone! I've made a few New Year resolutions. I'll keep them to myself. I've set some personal as well as writing goals for 2010. What about you?

I brought in the new year in my cozy little bed asleep beside my husband, my children were also sleeping when the New Year dawned. At 1201 the gunshots and fireworks woke me out of a deep sleep and I jumped out of the bed leaving my sleeping family. I ran into the kitchen and out on the porch thinking someone was trying to break - in my house...only to find new year revelers yelling and screaming watching the fireworks. So, still in my stupor, I dragged my to fast beating heart back to bed and dropped off to sleep.

I hope everyone had a safe and happy New Year!

P.S. On the first day of the New Year, I brewed my coffee and sat down and started writing at 4:30am. (Sigh) At least I started my year off doing what I love to do:)

2 comments:

Marcia Colette said...

LOL! That sounds like what I did while fishing off a pier on NC on the 4th of July. I had just moved down from up north and had completely forgotten it was a holiday. So when the fireworks blew up over the pier, I dropped to a crouch with my hands over my head, thinking it was a drive-by.

Anyway, I think it's a good sign when you start the New Year off with a writing bang. Happy New Year, hon. :-)

Melissa said...

LOL! That is so funny. I'm glad I'm not the only one! My family slept through it all.

I'm glad it was only fireworks for you. And I'm thankful that we don't have that many, drive-bys.

It's 5:30am. I've got my hour of writing in, now time to shower and head in for my 12 hour shift. (14 hours if tonight is like yesterday.)Sigh.