Sunday, December 27, 2009

WRITING IS A LONELY OCCUPATION



Today I was talking to my BFF regarding a plot twist that I was considering with my WIP when I noticed a far away look in her eyes. She excused herself and got up from lunch and went to tell a total stranger something.

She came back and said continue but, I realized that as a writer/author just because you live and breathe your work, everybody else does not.

I so, need a crit partner or writing crit group. Anyway, the good news is, I'm still plugging away on "Cursed Blood." I'm still waking up at 4:30am and writing to ensure my writing time.

I just went over the 50,000 word mark. I remember when I didn't think I'd even reach 30,000 words and now I'm over half-way done!

I'm so excited because I'll actually have completed my first novel. Don't get me wrong, I know that I have several re-writes ahead of me. Rachel Vincent I believe said, she had 6 re-writes before she sold her first novel. It just feels good to finally have my baby on paper.

I'm also excited about starting my new WIP once I finish "Cursed Blood." I read recently that your WIP isn't finished until you've actually submitted and had it published. I really like that idea.

I've been inspired by quite a few writers and authors lately. Nike says just do it. My mantra is...just keep writing, just keep writing. They will read it.

No comments: