Monday, February 2, 2009

UNDERWORLD RISE OF THE LYCANS


Friday, I had the chance to see Underworld Rise of The Lycans. I loved it. It had the potential to be a better movie but, I loved it just the same. I have to admit that I am a little biased because I read, write and just love urban fantasy in general.


It didn't hurt that my two favorite paranormal creatures are werewolves an vampires. This movie is the prequel to Underworld and Underworld Evolution which I saw at the movies and also own on DVD.


I don't want to give the movie/movies away so, I'll keep it general. Underworld tells the epic story regarding a centuries old war between werewolves and vampires, Rise of The Lycans tells from the werewolf point of view how the war started. The other previous movies are told from the vampires point of view.


I have to warn you, there's a bit of kick-ass fights in this one, involving quite a bit of a blood. Hey, what do you expect? It is a war movie with vampires and werewolves.


I couldn't call myself an urban fantasy writer/enthusiast without going to see this movie. I'll give this movie a B+. I would have liked to give it an A but, like I said before, it had the potential to be a great movie not just good.


You can click on Marcia Collete's link on the right of my blog page and follow the link to Shapeshifter Romance and read her review of Rise of The Lycans:)

Melissa

No comments: