Monday, October 27, 2008

Writing Contest



Today, I am putting the finishing touches on a short Urban Fantasy story I wrote for an upcoming contest. As a matter of fact, I'll be going over my short story the rest of this week before sending it into the contest. As my writing instructor says, "we always want to turn out our best work."


Of course, I hope to win but, I'd settle for 1st, 2nd, 3rd or even honorable mention. Any of which, will get me published in the writing journal so, I can finally post some excerpts so you guys can get a peak at some of my writing. (And give myself alittle ego boost.)


The short story is actually about two of the characters in my manuscript and how they meet. I've let a couple of friends and family read it and so far I've gotten only positive feedback. My significant other said it was very good but, dark!


One of my friends is a Preacher and never reads Urban Fantasy or anything dark. She told me she was just going to read the first couple of lines but, ended up reading the whole story and asking for more. That made me feel good but, weird. She told me that I was very talented if I could get her to read Urban Fantasy:)
Melissa




No comments: