Wednesday, November 19, 2008

MIA


Sorry for the long absence. I was working hard on a meeting a few deadlines. Self imposed deadlines but, deadlines just the same. Now that I've met them, I can relax but, just for a little bit.

Well, since I've been gone, we have a new President elect! This is so, big! My daughters are excited that two little girls that look very much like them are going to live in the White House. I am so proud and touched that my country has finally taken a giant leap towards true equality and just being able to view people as just people and not white or black.

I called my Mom when Obama won the election and we talked about the significance of his election. It's been a couple of weeks now but, it still seems unreal.

I think we saw through the color lines and picked the right man for the job. Our country is truly in a crisis and now more than ever we need to pull together to get out of this mess. The election of Obama was a step in the right direction and showed not only America but, the world that we are ready for a change.

Melissa NC

No comments: