Sunday, July 29, 2012


I'm looking forward to the release of Kim Harrison's INTO THE WOODS, a collection of short stories by Kim along with a novella that might be an introduction to her new series after the end of the Hollows series.

Yes, I said the end of the Hollows series. Kim has decided to bring her popular series to an end around book 13 or so. I'm a major fan of the series so, it's going to be hard not having another adventure to look forward to with Rachel, Ivy and Jenks but, Kim's an awesome writer so, I'm looking forward to what she has in store for us next.


Even though I am saddened by the end of the series, the Hollows lives on in the Graphic novels that are being released. Last year, I was super excited by the prospect of a Hollows movie or series being produced but, that fell through. The CW decided not to produce the Hollows at this time. I'm disappointed but, not. I really would like to see this series on screen but, I don't want it to get screwed up.

Rachel, Ivy and Jenks deserve proper treatment.  And if they weren't going to be committed them I'm glad they didn't try to make some shell of the characters and ruin it.

Kim is my favorite author so, I'll trust her with her decisions and her characters.

Later,
Melissa

4 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

I totally agree. I will also be sad about the ending, but it feels like it is a good time. Too much sometimes is just that, too much.

I'm excited about the upcoming writings, too ;-)

Melissa said...

I agree with you Magaly. I think that Kim is doing the right thing by ending the series before it gets old.

I will miss it though but, I can always do a re-read like I'm doing now.

And we have the graphic novels to keep the hollows alive.

Her new character that she has mentioned sound really good, "Peri."

I think I'll probally pick up In To The Woods. I think Kim said, that was a short with Peri in it.

Magaly Guerrero said...

I will pick up Into the Woods for the name alone. It sounds yummy ;-)

Melissa said...

Same here Magaly. I'm picking this one up too!