Tuesday, June 21, 2011

SUMMER VACATION


Summer vacation has begun for my kids so, as any Mom knows...you must become the summer fun/tour guide for your children. Because inevitably if you ask what do you want to do, you will get, "I don't know." Shoulder shrug.



My first adventure for my babies was an epic fail. I planned a hiking trip that five minutes into the hike, we ran into Mr. snake. I wasn't scared because Mr. snake was getting his arse kicked by fire ants and slithering as fast as he could away and into the water.



Here he is on the wood bridge curled up on himself before he mad a run for the water.




The trip wasn't a complete bust. There was some beautiful scenery and I got a good feel for what it would be like to work and live in a national park. Which is good being that one  of my characters is a park Ranger or junior park Ranger. Nice way to do research and enjoy the family too.

No comments: