Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Finally able to get back to writing. I finished the chapter I was working on and sent it to my crit partner. I also sent her one of her chapters back.

Tonight, I am going to sit down and write out an actual budget. Yep, more of life intruding on the wannabe novelist. But, figuring out a budget will help my writing in the long run. Especially if I want to do this as a living one day. Most writers have to live by one. Income can be far in between and sporadic. So, as a aspiring novelist, I know I've got to sit down a make a budget.

Even, multi-published authors need a budget. It could be a year or more from writing the book to actually seeing it in print. And depending on how well your book does will determine your royalties. That is, if you earn out of your advance.

Yep, being a writing means never really knowing how much your income is going to be. That's why I plan on holding on to the day job for quite a while.

Well, the chicken awaits. How about you? Do you have a budget? A written one that you try to follow. I've polled my friends and none of them do.

Later,
Melissa

No comments: